Happy February! I don’t know about you all but, ever since Valentine’s Day sweets hit my local grocer’s shelves (circa 2 weeks ago), I’ve been consuming an ungodly amount of chocolate. Considering how tempting those little red boxes of love can prove, I’ll bet I’m not alone. Though a little Valentine’s Day indulgence is well deserved, February is often a month where New Year’s health and fitness resolutions can go awry. Next time you find yourself in the midst of a full on chocolate craving, try these peanut butter protein balls for a guilt-free indulgence.
P.S. If you like peanut butter packed protein punches as much as I do, check out my go-to “breakfast of babes” here!
1 Cup Granola (I like KIND Maple Quinoa Clusters with Chia Seeds for an extra protein and antioxidant kick)
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
Dark Chocolate Chips
1) Put granola in sealed plastic bag and crush with rolling pin
2) Mix peanut butter and granola in bowl
3) Let peanut butter and granola chill in fridge 45 minutes
4) Form hardened peanut butter and granola into small balls (recipe makes about 9)
5) Roll in melted dark chocolate
6) Top with coconut shavings
7) Let balls harden in fridge